- Assesses controlling and associated system responses to reduce risk in customer operation
- Analyzes technical impacts on the system, vehicle, persons as well as official and legal requirements
- Examines potential causes and types of failures that can be detected by the system or the failure effects that can be discovered by the driver
- Evaluates how effective controlling is in customer operation as well as how effectively the system responds to detected failures
- Provides verification of the fulfillment of security objectives (the FMEA-MSR can thus be used to derive security concepts).