IEC 61508 is a cross-industrial generic standard for functional safety in systems.
Industry-related standards can be derived on the basis of IEC61508 combined with the previously valid requirements. Industry-related standards are currently pending or published:
- DIN IEC 61511: Functional safety - Safety instrumented systems for the process industry sector
- DIN IEC 61513: Nuclear power plants - Instrumentation and control important to safety - General requirements for systems
- DIN EN 50129: Railway applications - Communication, signaling and processing systems - Safety related electronic systems for signaling
- DIN EN 62061: Safety of machinery - Functional safety of safety-related electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems
- ISO CD 26262: Automotive Functional Safety (edited by the ISO working group “ISO TC22/SC3/WG16”).